Free 30 minute face-to-face consultation
Ask yourself the following questions:
How much mental and emotional energy have my unresolved struggles cost me?
What are the negative effects of carrying around these unresolved issues on my health, relationships, and overall quality of life?
Would would be different on a day to day basis if I could let go of and resolve the challenges I've been carrying for years?
Unfortunately, it has been my experience that many insurance companies limit the types of therapy that they cover, or aren't aware of newer, alternative treatment modalities. If I chose to be a "participating provider," this would give insurance companies the opportunity to influence treatment decisions. I want to be able to implement whatever type of therapy is going to be most effective, rather than using just what insurance deems "best practice." While I understand that "in-network" rates are much lower, I also know that I am able to provide non-traditional therapy that many in-network providers don't offer.
1) A therapist who isn't overworked and only sees 5 clients per day. I start and finish sessions on time because your time is just as valuable as mine!
2) Collaboration with other professionals you may already be working with (psychiatrist, guidance counselor, family therapist, or nutritionist);
3) All supplies for yoga and art projects
4) Paid confidential case consultations with other mental health professionals with your permission.
5) Electronic claim submission on your behalf if you are using "out of network" benefits. There's absolutely no paperwork involved!
6) A worthwhile investment in yourself and your quality of life.
y*Free initial 30 minute consultation
*$150 for 60 minute sessions if using out of network benefits
$135 for 60 minute sessions if not using insurance
If you have serious financial concerns and need to stay within your insurance plan, I suggest you check their website directly and search for a behavioral health provider by zip code.
Inner growth and transformation are priceless, and you are absolutely worth the time and money!
Health insurance policies can be really confusing to understand and find answers to questions you may have about your benefits. Hopefully this will help: If you have "out of network" mental health benefits, that means you have the option to see a provider that isn't contracted under your insurance plan and get reimbursed for a percentage of the cost rather than just paying a copay. How it works is that payment is due at the time of service, and you will be reimbursed for a portion of each session by your insurance company once you meet your deductible (which varies from plan to plan). I submit claims electronically for you after every session, so there's no paperwork required. Claims will go toward your deductible and then after that, the reimbursement checks will be mailed to you directly. My fee is higher if you are using insurance because that way you will meet your deductible more quickly and can actually use your out of network benefits!
I recommend that you contact your insurance company if you aren't clear about what your benefits are. Call the number on your insurance card for "mental health" or "behavioral health" and follow prompts until you can speak with a real live person. Then ask them the following questions. Have a paper and pen handy.
1) Do I have "out of network" mental health benefits?
2) Do I have a deductible for out of network benefits? If so, how much have I met already this year? When does it start over?
3) What is the "allowed amount" for Individual Psychotherapy with a Clinical Social Worker for service code 90837 (60 minute session)? If they say that you have a co-insurance (percentage of the allowed amount), make sure they tell you what the allowed amount actually is. Be persistent and advocate for yourself. You deserve to get accurate information about your health insurance!
If you have any difficulty with obtaining your benefit information, I can help!